Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Welcome to Genetics and the Law

Inspired by Mark Cuban, I began looking into genetics and the law a couple of weeks ago. While I stumbled across a scientifically dense PDF here and there, I was astonished at the lack of accessible information about the legal establishment's preparation for and response to what will be one of the critical ethical areas of the 21st century.

Because this is an area exploding with updates, I would like to post once a day on topics including the role of genetics in the criminal justice system, the healthcare system, among others. In case you're wondering how I have time for this with the bar coming up, you obviously have never hung out with me during finals. I am at my most productive when I'm at my most stressed out. Of course, that is not a unique characteristic:

"If you want something done, give it to the busiest person you know."
-Everyone

Unlike Roving Storm dispatches, these posts will not be epics, and they won't interest everyone. But if you know folks who might be interested, or people who would be interested in posting, pass them on. Let's get the discussion going. Because we all have genes, and we all live under the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment